Christmas is just around the corner and everyone is panicking! You would like to (more like expected to), give gifts to many people you might not necessarily want to spent a small fortune on. But you would still like your gift to be appreciated.
Keep Reading To Find Out About This Cute Giveaway!
So here are some gift suggestions for your classmates, office mates, colleagues, peers, etc… all under P100!
1. Pilot FriXion pens – these pens are around P90 each. What’s great about these pens is that they are ERASABLE! Write with them, and if you make a mistake, just use the “eraser” tip of the pen to erase! The ink is a special ink that is erasable with heat, in this case, by the heat generated by the friction when rubbing the “eraser” tip on the ink. They also come in various colors – perfect for the friend who loves to make notes, write letters, or for the office supplies junkie. A lot of people have not yet heard of Frixion pens, and it would be a nice surprise for them to receive a nice pen that really erases! It will blow their mind! Just wrap it nicely to up the “nice” factor. Available at National Bookstore.
2. Muji notebooks – the A5 notebook is nice little notebook for P55! I love this notebook because: 1. there are no tacky pictures anywhere, 2. it’s not spiral-bound so it’s easy to write on especially when you reach the spine part of the notebook, there’s no spiral binding that gets in the way, 3. the lines on the page are very light – they are there as a guide, but don’t distract from your writing, 4. the paper is good quality, thick enough that gel pens and fineliners don’t bleed through. Perfect for people who like writing, making lists, planning… and of course for office supplies junkies like me. And did I mention it’s only P55? I never expected something at that price range from Muji!
3. Travel-sized hand sanitizers – because in our germ-ridden world, who doesn’t need another hand sanitizer? They are very affordable, too. Ranging from P20 – 80 each small bottle, depending on the brand. From local brand Bench to Bath & Body Works, pick the brand you like! There are also many scents to choose from – for men, women and children – you can pick one that matches your giftee! I always make sure to have a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my bag, and I always remember the person who gave it to me every time I use it. Sure beats all the generic bath product gifts in my book, even if it is less expensive.
4. Mugs, cups and tumblers – I found these while at SM Megamall (department store/ homeworld) and thought they were really cute! They were on sale for P50 so I bought some, err… 10. And J was all like, what are you going to do with all 10? They were just too good of a deal to pass up and I thought they were really awesome because they had the straw caps. Don’t worry, I made him carry them for me, the infidel. They are great for the office – many offices are now implementing a “covered cup” policy – all beverage containers must be covered to prevent spillage. This one is awesome because it even has a straw cover! Which also makes it great when you’re lounging around or reading – no pesky flies or mosquitoes will be contaminating your drink while you’re lounging by your garden/pool/beach/balcony/rooftop. It’s also transparent so you can see what you’re drinking and know how much you have left.
5. FOOD! When you’ve run out of ideas, there’s always food! But instead of the ubiquitous box of brownies, why not give something with wow factor? If you can give these out on the same day (and have a refrigerator or cooler available to keep them from melting), why not give a The Royal Touch cupcake? My personal pick would be the Red Velvet. The cupcake is P95 and comes with a cute little robin’s egg blue box. Very classy! Like Martha Stewart meets Tiffany’s! The best part? The Red Velvet cupcake is really, insanely good – supermoist, not too sweet, the generous cream cheese frosting adding a very nice tang to the whole affair. I swear it’s my favoritest cupcake and I usually don’t like store-bought cupcakes. This is the only one I recommend. The Royal Touch is at the SM Aura.
UPDATE December 12, 2016:
This post is really popular right now, so I just wanted to add a quick update. I was window shopping at Megamall today and checked out Le Petit Souffle, which is currently on soft opening. I saw these Meringue Kisses that were P45 per pack:
I think it would make a nice gift, because who doesn’t want to eat meringue? Meringue has a longer shelf life than brownies or cookies, AND, you get to give something that looks classy, making you, by extension, classy, too. And yet it’s only P45 per pack.
— END UPDATE
I am hosting my first ever giveaway. ‘Tis the season for giving and I am really very happy with the wonderful reception that Barat Ako has received the past few months, so I am giving back! And guess what great item I have in spades? (Hint: read above)
How would you like to win this cute pink tumbler? This is a pink tumbler with a transparent circle design so you can see what you’re drinking! It includes a yellow straw and a green straw cap! I’ve used mine to drink iced tea, water, juice, even shakes and smoothies! Finding a tumbler with a cap for the straw is rare, so if you want one, join this giveaway right now!
Here are the details for the giveaway:
- Giveaway is open to all Barat Ako readers with a valid Metro Manila address.
- Prize: 1 pc. brand new pink tumbler with straw and straw cap, as shown above
- This giveaway will run from Dec. 9, 2014 (12:00am) until Dec. 24, 2014 (11:59pm). Right in time for Christmas! I will be announcing the winner here before Dec. 30. My target date is Dec. 26 so you can get your tumbler in time for the New Year!
- Winner will be picked randomly via Rafflecopter
- Once a winner is drawn, I will verify the entry details; an entry that does not follow the rules will be disqualified and a new winner will be drawn
- I will contact the winner to discuss shipping details, so please provide valid contact info where you can be reached even if you’re on vacation 🙂
- If winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be drawn
- You can also check back on this page to see if you’ve won!
- Prize will be shipped to winner’s Metro Manila address; no purchase or shipping cost will be required from the winner
JOINING IS EASY!
- Login to the Rafflecopter widget below.
- You earn entries thru the following:
- +1 entry if you visit the Barat Ako Facebook Page; you’re not required to Like the page but I would really appreciate it if you show me some love and Like it anyway 🙂
- +2 entries if you follow @BaratAko on Twitter
- +2 entries if you follow @baratako1289 on Instagram
- +5 entries if you leave a comment below (this is a mandatory requirement to participate in the giveaway)
- You don’t have to do everything on the list, but: More entries = more chances of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This is my own giveaway (not sponsored). I am just floored by the number of people who have found my blog! Just a little thank you to all my readers for their support. Again, thank you!
I hope to be able to do more giveaways in the future!
Please continue reading Barat Ako and don’t forget to comment!
I share the latest sale alerts I find on my Facebook page! Please LIKE to stay updated on the best deals I find!
If you enjoyed this post or found it useful, please share it and leave a comment! I love hearing from you!
The Barat Queen
Disclaimer: The comments section is not moderated to encourage honest comments from readers. Reader comments do not reflect the views of BaratAko.com. However, if you find abusive comments, please report them using the Report link.