Hello and welcome!
I’m Karen, the Barat Queen. Growing up, people would always say, “ang barat barat mo naman!” It’s not that we didn’t have the money, but money did not grow on trees, either. I was just raised to be frugal, that’s all, and I always think about whether something is worth spending the amount of money on it before buying anything.
Why spend more money than you need to? Or why not get the best you can for what you’re spending?
My friends have always told me that since I loved giving them “advice” about what to buy, whether something was a good deal or not, and cluing them in on what’s new, that it was but natural and expected that I should finally accept my calling and start writing about it.
So you can get to know me better, I’ve compiled a random list of things I can’t live without! Please feel free to make your own lists in the comments! I’d love to see them and make new friends, especially with people who share my passion for food and bargains!
Let’s be friends!
Here are some random 10 Things I Can’t Live Without:
- Butter. The real kind. Not bloody margarine.
- Cream. I have no problem pouring half a box of all-purpose cream on my champorado.
- Caramel. Addiction personified.
- Good Steak
- Good Coffee
- My Barnes & Noble Nook Simple Touch
- My Laptop. Prolonged typing on my phone or tablet will drive me gadget-cidal.
- My silicone spatula for making scrambled eggs. Needs butter. See #2
- Water. I drink at least 8 big glasses a day!
The Barat Queen is based in Metro Manila.
BaratAko.com is a personal lifestyle blog that talks about food, tech, sales, and topics that interest me.
BaratAko.com averages 120,000 page views per month, and 70,000+ monthly unique visitors, based on Google Analytics.
Barat Ako visitors love reading about sales, good deals, good food, and value-for-money places & products.
Please contact me to learn more or to request for more information about the blog.