Last week, Birdhouse celebrated its first birthday with a party called Lord of the Wings!
Birdhouse is located at The Food Hall, at the 4th floor of Uptown Mall in BGC. Take note, Uptown Mall, not U.P. Town Center. Apparently, some people still get these two mixed up after all this time 😀 My Uber driver even thought I was going to Katipunan!
Uptown Mall vs U.P. Town Center
Uptown Mall is the Megaworld mall that is located near the BGC nightspots like Valkyrie, Revel, The Palace Pool Club, etc…
U.P. Town Center is the Ayala mall that is located near Ateneo and U.P. in Quezon City, and is more commonly called U.P. (youpee) Town Center, and not uptown center, to differentiate from Uptown Mall in BGC. 🙂
LORD OF THE WINGS PARTY!
I was happy to be invited to the Birdhouse birthday bash! Birdhouse itself is one of the food purveyors at the “food court” of Uptown Mall, so the dining area is located in an open area (indoors) of the food court.
But keep in mind that the food providers at The Food Hall are not your usual food court shops. The food concepts here are aimed at the A and B markets, and provide better quality and ambience than regular food courts.
There was a short program, talking about the new flavors:
THE WINGS – 6 NEW FLAVORS!
Birdhouse showcased six new flavors. Pricing: The Jumbo Wings are P199 for 6 pcs, P395 for 12 pcs. For the 12 pcs, you can choose up to 2 flavors.
BIRDHOUSE’S NEW WINGS FLAVORS – A QUICK REVIEW
I was able to try all the flavors, here are my thoughts:
- K-Bomb – not just plain fiery hot, but also has some creaminess to tame the heat (mayo or something)
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan – one of the flavors that I liked. It’s exactly what it says: roasted garlic and parmesan cheese. The Parmesan cheese is not the one that comes out of the plastic bottle 🙂 It actually tastes very cheesy (real Parmesan). Lots of umami in this flavor.
- Bacon Mac & Cheese – bacon and cheddar; comfort food; enjoyable, especially for those who like Mac & Cheese
- Pepper Cream – another favorite. I’ve always had a soft spot for pepper cream sauce. It’s cream and black pepper. Mild, just right. It’s a simple flavor, but it works for me.
- Smokehouse BBQ – this is probably my favorite. They use a sweet and smoky barbecue sauce that’s not too salty nor sour nor molasse-y. It’s something that will please kids and the kids at heart.
- Cheese & Caramel Popcorn – This combo comes in 2 flavors! There’s the cheese flavor, and the sweet honey-ish flavor. I initially really, really liked the sweet caramel wings, but after a while, become medyo nakakaumay. Still good, though. For the cheese flavor, the wings are coated in powdered cheese, similar to the ones used on your favorite cheese fries.
The new wings flavors from Birdhouse are definitely something new to try. They’re not the usual wings flavors that you see from other wings joints. Also, I find the flavors more familiar and approachable. The flavors are not too strong (hindi matapang). I think they are well-suited for the local palate.
With that said, for some of the flavors, I found them oily after a few bites. I think an order is best shared so you can try other flavors as well. I also hope that Birdhouse finds a way to fry the wings without them absorbing too much oil, because I find the new wings flavors really fun and very likable, as wings flavors go 🙂
As for the sides, I liked them. The fries were great and not greasy. Liked the corn and the mac & cheeese, too 🙂
The Food Hall, Fourth Floor, Uptown Place Mall,
36th Street Corner 9th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
I share the latest sale alerts I find on my Facebook page! Please LIKE to stay updated on the best deals I find!
If you enjoyed this post or found it useful, please share it and leave a comment! I love hearing from you!
The Barat Queen
Disclaimer: The comments section is not moderated to encourage honest comments from readers. Reader comments do not reflect the views of BaratAko.com. However, if you find abusive comments, please report them using the Report link.