Last Saturday, we watched Chef Jonathan Paul Em prepare four dishes that you can serve during the holidays! The event is called A Taste of Christmas, and features recipes that are easy to prepare using Electrolux appliances.
This was at the Electrolux Kitchen Studio at the Anson’s fair at Alabang Town Center. We also got to try all the dishes, and our favorite was hands down the Spiced Fruit Salad.
I didn’t think that I would like the Spiced Fruit Salad because it seemed like the most boring recipe and photo, but it was light and delicious. If you like the flavors of fruit cake or mulled wine or mulled cider, you’re going to like this Spiced Fruit Salad (recipe below).
The Christmas Paella was also easy and simple to make. If the thought of gathering the 100+ ingredients you’ll need to make a Paella (I’m kidding!) is giving you a headache, you might want to give this paella recipe a look because it only uses a few ingredients. He used the Electrolux Built-in Induction Hob for cooking. The induction hobs directly heat induction-ready pots and pans. These hobs don’t have any flames and the cook tops remain cool, so it’s safe, especially if you have accident-prone people in the house.
I also liked the Smoked Salmon Cucumber Rolls. You can prepare them ahead as make-ahead appetizers that you can just chill in your Electrolux Nutrifresh refrigerator until guests arrive.
Chef Jonathan also made Cassava Tarts:
To keep your home smoke and odor-free, you can equip your kitchen with the Electrolux Chimney Hood, which will absorb all the grease and cooking fumes while recirculating indoor air. This allows you to go from kitchen to party without worrying about smelling like food! It also has a removable cassette filter, making it easier to clean.
I know you’re here for the recipes, so here they are.
ELECTROLUX “A TASTE OF CHRISTMAS” RECIPES
Prep time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Serves: 10
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chorizo sausages
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 white onion
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound shrimps, peeled and deveined
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet or paella pan over your Electrolux Induction hob set at low heat. Add the chorizo and cook until most fat is rendered and chorizo browns. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, keep the oil and stir in garlic, onion, red pepper flakes, and rice. Cook, stirring, to coat rice with oil, for about 3 minutes. Stir in bay leaf, parsley, chicken stock, and lemon zest. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for a few minutes then transfer in the Electrolux built-in oven for 15-20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Stir in chicken; cook 5 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and sausage; cook 5 minutes. Stir in shrimps; cook, turning the shrimp, until both sides are pink. Arrange on top of rice and serve.
Spiced Fruit Salad Cups
Prep time: 40 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Serves: 12-15
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2-3 pcs star anise
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sliced ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 can fruit salad mix, drained
- 1 cup lychee chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons gelatin
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup condensed milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- In a small pot, make a syrup using the sugar, water, anise, cinnamon, ginger, salt and orange zest. Cook using your Electrolux induction hob set at low heat. Stop when the sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Pour the syrup into a bowl with the fruit cocktail mix and lychees. Allow to marinate for 20 mins, then drain.
- Dissolve gelatin in cold water. After mixture sets, place in the Electrolux microwave set for 30 seconds. Mix with condensed milk.
- Whip cream and fold into the condensed milk, then fold in the marinated fruits.
- Portion into smaller cups or a pan mold and chill inside Electrolux Nutrifresh Inverter refrigerator for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
Smoked Salmon Cucumber Rolls
Prep time: 20 minutes | Serves: 15-20
- 100 grams smoked salmon, chopped
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Red bell peppers, cut into medium cubes
- 1 cucumber, sliced into thin strips
- Cocktail skewers
1. In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese, salt and pepper, paprika, cayenne and dill.
2. Mix in the smoked salmon and honey.
3. Spread over cucumber strips and roll. Secure with a skewer and a bell pepper.
4. Chill in your Electrolux Nutrifresh Inverter refrigerator.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Serves: 14
- 250g grated cassava
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped coconut meat
- 14 tart shells
- 2 egg yokes
- 1/4 cup reserved sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup reserved coconut milk
- 1/4 cup reserved coconut cream
- Preheat your Electrolux built-in oven to 350° f.
- Set aside tart shells. In large mixing bowl, combine all other cake ingredients.
- Mix well. Pour equally into 12 mini tart shells.
- Bake in the Electrolux built-in oven until top is no longer liquid (approximately 20-30 minutes).
- Mix topping ingredients well and spread evenly on top of tarts.
- Bake an additional 7 to 10 minutes. Cool completely.
I share the latest sale alerts I find on my Facebook page! Please LIKE to stay updated on the best deals I find!
If you enjoyed this post or found it useful, please share it and leave a comment! I love hearing from you!
The Barat Queen
Disclaimer: The comments section is not moderated to encourage honest comments from readers. Reader comments do not reflect the views of BaratAko.com. However, if you find abusive comments, please report them using the Report link.