I am always so excited when it’s time for S&R’s Members’ Treat!
S&R Members’ Treat: March 29 – April 2, 2017!
This year’s Members’ Treat will be from March 29 (Wednesday) to April 2 (Sunday). That’s 5 whole days of shopping madness!
Well, this year, S&R’s Members’ Treat 2017 seemed to come early. Not that I’m complaining. I’m already very excited to see what they have in store for us, because I have a few things in mind to buy!!! It’s very common to see people pushing 2-3 full carts of S&R Members’ Treat shopping loot!
What I’ve noticed is that S&R has been improving in how they conduct their Members’ Treat each time. Several years ago, it was not unheard of for people to line up at 4 AM on the first day of the sale, and then all the good deals would be wiped out by lunch time of the first day.
But last year, I noticed that they have allocated the number of hot promo items available per day. So even if you come in on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th day, you will still get the chance to buy the hot promo items.
S&R MEMBERS’ TREAT SHOPPING TIPS!
- Make space in your refrigrator, freezer, pantry, stockroom or storage unit – you will need space to store all your shopping hauls!
- Bring shopping companions – once you get in, have someone fall in line, stat! The others can go shopping while at least one of you is in line to the cashier, and then you can just take turns shopping and waiting in line. Why? Because lines to the cashier can get crazy long… Also, you can split bulk purchases among friends or family members. Is something on Buy 1 Take 1 but you only need one? Share with a friend and you can split the cost. WIN!
- Have a shopping strategy – run around the store to do a quick scan of the items on sale first and quickly grab the hot items you want to buy. After you’ve secured the things you planned to buy, you can start browsing the store for other things on sale at a more leisurely pace. Unfortunately, you still need to get the chilled & frozen items last or else they will melt on you…
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes – it can get hot and crowded, and lines can get very long; you need to be comfortable to last the whole of your shopping spree!
- Bring your shopping money! Trust me, you are going to want to buy everything!!! As my friend says, every time she goes to an MT, parang hinoholdap daw siya ng S&R she just can’t help herself! She always comes out of a Members’ Treat with cart mountains full of shopping haul. Make sure all your payment options are working – whether you are paying by credit card, ATM, cash, etc…
- Don’t bring very young children – it can get hot and crowded, and lines can get very long; the young children will get bored, cry, make tantrums, and it won’t be fun for anyone
Last year, we were able to buy a whole set of really nice sets of pots and pans and baking dishes! And I was even able to buy a few extra that I can give out as birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, or housewarming gifts.
This year, I have my eye on upgrading some kitchen and household appliances, plus hoarding some household cleaning products and imported food items that will be on promo!
Hahaha, I will definitely be buying several bottles of their ketchup! This ketchup is a staple in our house. It’s not too expensive so it’s perfect to use with ketchup-heavy recipes like sweet & sour sauce or barbecue sauce. My easy sweet & sour sauce recipe involves 1/4 cup tomato ketchup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 cup cane vinegar. Blend them all together and cook it as is, or saute some onions, garlic or ginger first before adding the sweet & sour sauce mixture. Cook until thickened. It’s great to use with frozen meatballs, for fish fillet, etc…
But wait, there’s more!
UNIOIL P4.00 PER LITER GAS DISCOUNT!!!
Aside from the deals and amazing discounts you will get at the S&R Warehouse, you will also get amazing savings on fuel!
During the Members’ Treat, from March 29 – April 2, get P4.00 OFF on gasoline and P3.00 OFF on diesel from UniOil! To find out more about how you can avail of this UniOil discount, check out my recent blog post where I showed the complete, but quite easy procedure to get the discounted gas prices.
Those are amazing fuel savings! The whole family plus our friends and extended relatives are all waiting for the Members’ Treat to gas up all our cars to full tank. P4.00 OFF per liter is A BIG DEAL! If you’re filling up a full tank, let’s say, 40 liters, that’s already P160.00 SAVINGS!
Please follow me on Facebook, I will be posting my sale finds and shopping hoard there during the Members’ Treat!
SEE YOU AT S&R’S MEMBER’S TREAT SALE!
I share the latest sale alerts I find on my Facebook page! Please LIKE to stay updated on the best deals I find!
If you enjoyed this post or found it useful, please share it and leave a comment! I love hearing from you!
The Barat Queen
Disclaimer: The comments section is not moderated to encourage honest comments from readers. Reader comments do not reflect the views of BaratAko.com. However, if you find abusive comments, please report them using the Report link.