Instead of racking my brain thinking of where to eat, I tried compiling the restaurants that I have already tried and liked in this list, so I can be sure that the place is okay.
Since this is my personal list, I am only including restaurants where I have already dined at before. If you are looking for restaurant suggestions, hope my list helps you!
I’ll keep on updating this list when I think of something.
WHERE TO EAT?
BUFFETS around P500/person or less
- Sodam in San Juan – you will all smell like barbecue after, but it’s still the best experience for around P300+ per person; the place is always FULL, very in demand, advanced reservations needed
- Guevarra’s in San Juan – tried and tested!
- The Round Table in Kapitolyo – roast beef aficionados will love the eat-all-you-can of their signature roast beef! Only P200 – P300+ per person
TO MEET FOR COFFEE AND CATCH UP:
- Kandle Cafe in QC – beautiful interiors, very refreshing with lots of plants and water features, but very hip; it’s a very nice place to hang out; limited parking space
- Artsy Cafe along Panay Ave – I love their Crater Sandwich! Decor is pretty, too. Lots of parking space, and parking is FREE!
FOR THE BALIKBAYAN:
- Island Cove – good food, relaxing; only 20 minutes from SM MoA
- Singing Cooks & Waiters – good food & entertainment, but the place needs some renovation
- White Moon Bar, Hotel H2O – nice view of Manila Bay + sunset! Although the Luneta-like place you have to pass through to get there doesn’t look so inviting… you’ll be rewarded with a pretty sunset view; food and cocktails are so-so; but the decor is really very well done, you can pretend you’re somewhere in the Mediterranean…
- Marina Seafood Restaurant in QC – really good batchoy mami in malauhog coconut shell; for those who miss a delicious bowl of mami…
KARE-KARE / FILIPINO FOOD
- Serye – their kare-kare is very good and won a kare-kare contest!
- Marison’s – OMG I love their kare-kare! It’s sweet, and the tripe is breaded & fried, and the sauce uses ground cashew… omg omg omg… but it’s all the way in Antipolo!
- Komedor in Panay Ave – check out this Supreme Special Sizzling Bulalo, and it’s only P700!
RELAXING IN TAGAYTAY:
- Taza Fresh Table, Taal Vista Hotel, Tagaytay – literally farm-to-table; they source their ingredients from nearby farms; I love their fresh salads
- Buon Giorno in Twin Lakes, Tagaytay – Twin Lakes is a pretty spot to take visitors, especially if you want to escape the hustle and bustle of Metro Manila
- Gourmet Farms in Tagaytay – if you want to visit an actual lettuce / herb farm and eat the freshest vegetables! Farm tours need to be scheduled beforehand.
TRY IT NOW!
While it’s new!
- Mighty Quinn’s BBQ – you know they say restaurant food is the best when it just opened, with all the original chefs still there… this import from NYC just opened today and their slow-cooked brisket and spareribs are amazing… get it while it’s hot!
- Kos Greek Ouzeri in UP Town Center – chicken souvlaki FTW!
- Shrimp Bucket in UP Town Center – SHRIMP IN SALTED EGG SAUCE! Must try, seriously!
TRIED AND TESTED
Buy or borrow membership cards to get discounts; check for promos
- Manila Hotel Cafe Ilang-Ilang Buffet – suki pa rin kami after all these years…
- Spiral, Sofitel – biggest buffet with cheeses, etc…; mind-boggling array of choices, you won’t know how to fit everything you want into your stomach…
- House of Wagyu – still the best place to get good Wagyu with nice service; check for promos, sometimes they have 40% or 50% off if you use certain credit cards
- Wildflour – haven’t blogged about this yet, but every time we dine there, the food has always been outstanding!
- Cazuela – one of our family favorites; Spanish Colonial cuisine
FOR THE GAMBLERS:
- Cafe at the Hyatt (City of Dreams)
- Solaire (the food I have had at Solaire is quite good, although I’ve dined there mostly during events served by their different restaurants)
FEELING PANG IRON CHEF, but not outrageously expensive:
FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO HANG OUT IN BARS:
- Aracama – I liked the food, plus it’s in a nice location where you can barhop…
- On the 6th, or Gourmet Bar, Novotel – the Christmas lights are pretty, poolside; the place is not too rowdy
I am not a person who likes to hang out in bars, so my knowledge about bars is pretty limited… so far, these are the places where I liked the ambience and the food
FOND MEMORIES OF GOOD FOOD, BUT HAVEN’T TRIED THEM IN A WHILE SO WE MAY WANT TO REVISIT:
- Li Li (New World Manila Bay)
I share the latest sale alerts I find on my Facebook page! Please LIKE to stay updated on the best deals I find!
If you enjoyed this post or found it useful, please share it and leave a comment! I love hearing from you!
The Barat Queen
Disclaimer: The comments section is not moderated to encourage honest comments from readers. Reader comments do not reflect the views of BaratAko.com. However, if you find abusive comments, please report them using the Report link.